Highly experienced and motivated Java Web Developer, with strong Spring and GWT skills and great attention to details.
You will be responsible for delivering innovative eClinical software solutions, as part of a highly motivated software development team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a platform helping scientific research used by some of the biggest pharma companies in the world.
The role requires the design and implementation of solutions using TDD and agile methodologies following company SOPs (Standard Operating
Procedures) and Guideline.
You should also be confident in presenting solutions to the wider team and clients, and providing leadership and mentorship to junior members of
Join us to make a difference in the eClinical sector!
Software Development Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, test and document software according to company SOPs and Guidelines.
- Produce software specifications and requirements based on input from stakeholders.
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Ability to perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other eClinicalHealth employees and contractors in cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- There can be some pressure to meet deadlines, when extra hours may be required.
- Perform other duties that management deem appropriate.
BSc or greater in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field or equivalent experience in the field.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years Java development experience
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (Including Spring MVC & Spring Security)
- Excellent GWT skills preferably with GIN, UI Binding and MVP experience.
- NoSQL databases esp. MongoDB.
- Experienced in developing and consume Rest Web Services.
- Experience preferably with IntelliJ IDEs or alternatively with Eclipse/STS.
- Use of build tools such as Ant, Maven or Gradle, Jenkins/Bamboo
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Agile Development Methodologies Kanban, SCRUM, TDD, XP etc.
- Proven record of using Testing Frameworks, JUnit, JMock, JBehave, Selenium.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined distributed team.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications.
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills.
- Strong focus on quality.
- JQuery and Angular.
- Working experience in a regulated industry or with eClinical systems.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience managing Linux and OS X machines.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com