Experienced Java Developer with strong Spring and GWT skills to be responsible for delivering innovative eClinical software solutions, as part of a highly motived software development team. The role requires the design and implementation of the solutions using TDD and agile methodologies.
Head of Software Development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, test and document software according to company SOPs and Guidelines.
- Produce software specifications and requirements based on input from stakeholders.
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Ability to perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other eClinicalHealth employees and contractors in cross- functional teams to achieve goals.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- There can be some pressure to meet deadlines, when extra hours may be required.
- Perform other duties that management deem appropriate.
BSc or greater in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field.
- 5+ years Java development experience
- Knowledge of Spring Framework (Including Spring MVC & Spring Security).
- Experience preferably with IntelliJ IDEs or alternatively with Eclipse/STS.
- Agile Development Methodologies Kanban, SCRUM, TDD, XP etc.
- Testing Frameworks, JUnit, JMock, Selenium.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined distributed team.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications.
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
- GWT skills preferably with GIN, UI Binding and MVP experience
- Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security, JQuery, Angular, Typescript
- NoSQL databases esp. Mongo
- Working experience in a regulated industry or with eClinical systems
- Experienced in development using Web Services (REST)
- Experience with git
- Linux, OS X
- Use of build tools such as Ant, Maven or Gradle, Jenkins
- Experience of languages such as Go or Python
- Understanding of mobile app development
£40,000 – £50,000 p.a.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org