We are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer with extensive experience in VMWare and Azure Cloud Services, keen to push our infrastructure to the next level.
e have a lot of exciting projects in the pipeline, from migrating from Hybrix to Azure to develop and deploy containerization for our platform.
The successful candidate must show a “can do” attitude and must not be afraid to embark on new challenges.
You will be working in a tight multifunctional team of very talented people to deliver the next generation eClinical solutions.
You will be in charge of monitoring and maintaining all our environments and also support/automate deployments and establishing and running the processes for on-going maintenance monitoring support and security patching of our platform.
As we are working in a highly regulated environment you must be able to understand, apply and evolve our Standard Operating Procedures to make sure we maintain and improve our processes.
You will be also required to provide on-going support on a third line basis – this may involve out of hours call out.
The COO/Head of Operations is responsible for the administrative, quality and operational risk management of the business.
The COO/Head of Operations is responsible for Business Operations, HR, Infrastructure and Quality Management.
The COO/Head of Operations oversees the internal operational activities of the organisation in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs internal operations and installs effective internal controls compliant with relevant regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
- Responsible for the planning and management of the infrastructure team
- Lead, manage, mentor and grow a Quality Management approach across the company promoting a culture of quality
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulations and laws governing business operations and leads the company in implementing best practice
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organisation, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Management of the company offices to ensure all local policies and HSE regulations are adhered to.
- Management of the HR processes and policy to ensure legal and regulatory responsibilities are maintained.
- Work closely with other departments including Software Development, Services and Business Operations to ensure that all phases of the software development life cycle are meeting or exceeding the requirements and quality standards.
- Develop innovative processes, communications, metrics, and accountabilities that result in process improvements.
- Interprets worldwide GxP regulations and guidelines and provides strategic and tactical guidance to all impacted functions/roles regarding activities required to maintain regulatory compliance
Master in Computer Science or another scientific/technical field. MBA preferably or significant, demonstrable experience in similar role.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the industry sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Good understanding of Process- and Quality-Management
- Thorough understanding of modern management practices
- Technically hands-on, have good project management skills and have a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in running organizations with distributed teams
- Experience with start-up companies
- Experience in Software Development
- Understand technology that utilizes the Java development stack
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org