We are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer with extensive experience in VMWare and Azure Cloud Services, keen to push our infrastructure to the next level.
We have a lot of exciting projects in the pipeline, from migrating from Hybrix to Azure to develop and deploy containerization for our platform.
The successful candidate must show a “can do” attitude and must not be afraid to embark on new challenges.
You will be working in a tight multifunctional team of very talented people to deliver the next generation eClinical solutions.
You will be in charge of monitoring and maintaining all our environments and also support/automate deployments and establishing and running the processes for on-going maintenance monitoring support and security patching of our platform.
As we are working in a highly regulated environment you must be able to understand, apply and evolve our Standard Operating Procedures to make sure we maintain and improve our processes.
You will be also required to provide on-going support on a third line basis – this may involve out of hours call out.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the Infrastructure-management meetings
- Managing the migration project from Hybrix to Azure
- Develop automated deployment scripts for continuous deployment
- Maintain production cloud based production system on Linux(CentOS) servers
- Maintain routing rules for application servers from load-balances/front-end servers
- Deploy software updates using automated deployment scripts
- Maintain software development server infrastructure (Jenkins, Git)
- Perform security updates to all systems
- Ensure that all servers are maintained and operated according to company standard operating procedures
- Capacity planning for Dev, Ops and Test environments
- Responsible for ensuring data security/ protection in line with policy and escalating any issues or improvements to the quality management team
- Responsible for learning and applying company working practices and relevant regulations to their own working practice and escalating any issues or improvements to the management team
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor or greater in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field or demonstrable knowledge and evidence of having successfully worked in a similar environment
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or autonomously as required
- Deep understanding of a Unix/Linux based operating system
- Implementation or support of cloud-based infrastructures
- Experience with CentOS or similiar
- Experience with Apache Tomcat and Jetty Java Application Servers
- Experience with MongoDB
- Highly desirable: hands-on experience with some of the following technologies:
- Knowledge of Build automation tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Knowledge or automation software such as Puppet, Docker etc.
- Experience with CI severs such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Cloud Foundry;
- Puppet or Docker
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org