The Application Consultant is a client-facing role responsible for the technical configuration of the Clinpal SaaS platform for use in clinical trials. You will work closely with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to analyse requirements and propose solutions. You will configure the platform to deliver these solutions using the Clinpal integrated point-and-click build environment to configure data capture forms, together with developing technical workflow and scripting to deliver dynamic behaviours. You will ensure engagements are implemented and configured in accordance with standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to applicable GxP and regulatory requirements. You will demonstrate a strong sense of ownership for the delivery process, work with initiative and communicate effectively to ensure client satisfaction and timely delivery.
Head of Delivery
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise external customers and internal staff on best practices for implementing Clinpal.
- Work with Project Management in translation of customer needs in terms of system functionality to ensure a match between needs and actual system capabilities/limitations.
- Work directly with the client to prepare, adapt, or and agree on all requirements and specifications to enable Customer sign-off.
- Liaise with Development to obtain technical input on requirements and specifications in order to meet client timelines for deliverables.
- Author and own specifications based upon client requirements, including functional test cases, for use in configuring and developing solutions via Clinpal (and in integrations with other products).
- Take ownership for management of study-specific configuration in compliance with eCH processes, ensuring documented testing of changes.
- Support Development, Project Management and Helpdesk Support during study progress to trouble-shoot issues.
- Support customer during user acceptance testing cycle by resolving issues, answering questions, and guiding them through the process.
- Provide regular written and verbal status reports to management on client projects and internal projects.
- Participate in internal initiatives, e.g., process improvement, product improvement, and identifying best practices.
- Comply with and enforce eClinicalHealth SOPs, procedures, and policies.
- Contribute to the development, customer delivery and partner support processes.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
Bachelor degree or greater in Life Sciences, Computer Science or other scientific or technical field. Relevant professional experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree or 4+ years of Life Sciences, PaaS/SaaS or other relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, GxP, regulatory processes and in particular the eClinical environment.
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment.
- Experience with scripting or basic familiarity with at least one programming language
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications, with a hands-on approach to technical investigations.
- Experience supporting project managers and proven success in delivering to project timelines.
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills.
- Attention to detail to assure that configuration delivery to customer is flawless.
- Tenacity to learn and be involved in shaping future configuration delivery processes as team expands.
- Demonstrate adherence to SOPs and generation of required documentation to assure quality of deliverables.
- Experience working remotely with other project team members.
- Working experience with eClinical systems (EDC, ePRO or similar).
- Working experience with a CRO or other service provider organisation for Life Sciences.
- Familiar with XML syntax and editing.
- Familiar with use of Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com