Jnr Infrastructure Engineer – Development Operations (DevOps)
This role is key to supporting our CI framework for deploying applications and managing Linux (CentOS) servers. As a member of our Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for running development, stage and production environments and deployments in an accurate and timely manner.
It is important that you have some experience of working alongside Agile development teams to ensure they have all the facilities to get the job done. We expect with your knowledge and skills you will drive best technology and software deployment practices into the team whilst providing on-going support on a third line basis.
You should be aware this will involve out of hours on-call, on a rotational basis.
Head of Infrastructure
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Sound communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or autonomously as required
- Support of all network infrastructure systems ensuring they are maintained and operated according to company standard operating procedures
- Responsible for learning and applying company working practices and relevant regulations to their own working practice and escalating any issues or improvements to the quality management team.
- Develop automated deployment scripts for continuous deployment.
- Maintain cloud based production system on Linux servers.
- Deploy software updates using automated deployment scripts.
- Maintain software development server infrastructure (Jenkins, Git).
- Perform security updates to all systems.
Preference would be for candidates with a recognised qualification in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field or demonstrable knowledge and evidence of having successfully worked in a similar environment
- Good understanding of a Unix/Linux based operating system.
- Implementation or support of cloud-based infrastructures.
- CentOS or similar Distro.
- Apache Tomcat and Jetty Java Application Servers.
- CI severs such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Working knowledge of Azure.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Ruby and/or Python
- BASH scripting
- Golang programming knowledge
- Knowledge of automation software such as Puppet or Chef
- Knowledge of Build automation tools such as Maven and/or Gradle
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org